ASIAN BEEF STIR FRY
('Eating for Life' book)
4 portions spaghetti
4 portions lean steak (top sirloin, top round, top loin or flank steak)
1/8t crushed red pepper flakes
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 sliced onion
4 celery stalks, sliced
1 head cabbage, shredded
1/2 c lite soy sauce
- Prepare spaghetti as directed, drain and set aside.
- While spaghetti cooks, slice steak lengthwise into 2-inch slices.
- Spray skillet or wok w/cooking spray. Med-hi heat, stir fry red pepper and garlic 1min.
- Add steak to skillet and stir fry about 2 min. Remove and set aside.
- Lightly recoat skillet and stir fry onion and celery until tender - 5min. Add cabbage and cook until crisp-tender, about 2min.
- Return steak to skillet and add cooked spaghetti and lite soy sauce. Mix gently and heat thru.
- Divide 4 portions and serve.
*Option - use shrimp instead of steak. Add toasted sesame seeds or green onions on top if desired. Lots of options - experiement!