Spaghetti & Turkey Meatballs
Even my kids like these! Tip: You can just use Stove Top's Traditional Sage stuffing in place of dry breadcrumbs and not add the parsley!
Ingredients- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 c dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 onion finely chopped (optional)
- 1/8 t garlic powder or 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/8 t dry parsley or 1/4 c fresh minced parsley
- 2 t dried basil
- 1 t black pepper
- 3 cups marinara pasta sauce
- 6 portions spaghetti
- opt parmesan cheese to taste
Directions- Preheat BROILER
- Mix turkey thru pepper thoroughly in a large bowl and shape into 1 1/2-inch diameter meatballs.
- Place meatballs on baking sheet (sprayed with cooking spray) and broil 10-12 min, turning so all sides are browned.
- In large saucepan, heat pasta sauce and cooked meatballs over low heat and simmer for 15min. While simmering, cook pasta as directed.
- Portion of pasta, meatballs and sauce on a plate and top with fresh grated parmesan!
- Serve with a lite salad of chopped romaine with oil and vinegar and fresh ground pepper! Simple and tastey!