Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2009

A DAY TO REMEMBER

What a dancer Michael Jackson was... very, very good indeed.

At his best, no one could beat him.

So where were you when you heard the news?
I was just starting to teach my Turbo Kick class at Body Works and some ladies told me they heard on the radio that MJ died. I was like, "which MJ? the one that works for the radio station?" After some investigation... it was TRUE!

Like most people, I think I just didn't want to believe it. I grew up with the GREAT Michael Jackson...the Beat It, Thriller, etc times of his life, when I was just in Middle and High School. So I've seen every video and heard every song of his. I wasn't a diehard crazy fan, but a strong fan.

I feel bad for his crazy life. From no real childhood to where he couldn't go anywhere by himself. I don't think I could every understand that kind of life. How mad it must be...so nuts! Especially how crazed some of his fan base was for him. I bet he lived in fear most of the time. I never walked anything like being in his shoes, so I can only say that I'm sure he is in a much better place and just what he needed right now. I feel for his family... I just hope they come together and keep tight after this.

So it's weird for me to think that my daughters won't really get the whole Michael Jackson era. They are just 7, almost 4 and just about 15months old. When questioned about MJ - they might say - WHO? Bummer! So I did give them a small lesson about him today, just to leave something with them about this day.

And Farrah Fawcett - I think her story moved me more than Michael's actually. Her tragic story of fighting for her life for years with cancer. A true optimist and had a gorgeous outlook on life. She said in one piece from her story, that she would "miss hearing the sound of the rain". I found that to be tender-hearted and I loved thinking about how rain is soothing sometimes. Hmmm. She did make me think of what I would miss most too. And given the fact, knowing that she would probably pass away, what she loved.... her story just broke my heart about her son and her partner of years. Very moving for me. She seemed truely inspirational.

So I just wanted to share my thoughts and feelings about this sad day in history. May we all LOVE a lot more and dismiss those things that just don't matter.
~A

No comments: