Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

MENU MONDAYS - CABBAGE SALAD

Last night I was going to make my normal yummy delicious "Fumi Salad", but to my dismay, I was missing most of the main ingredients. SHOOT!

Being the creative culinary person that I am... I decided to create a different version of the salad with ingredients I had in my fridge.

Thus, the Cabbage Salad was created! I actually might like it better than the original Fumi... try it and let me know what you think!

INGREDIENTS
1 head cabbage chopped or shredded (bag version is fine)
1/2c shredded carrots
1/4c chopped red onion
1/4c chopped green bell pepper
1 chopped tomato (more if you like, that's all I had)
some crispy Chinese noodles or ramen noodles (1/2 bag is good, + or - to taste.)

DRESSING
3 T sugar
1 t pepper
1 t salt
6 T rice vinegar
3/4 c veg/canola oil
- shake together well!

Mix all together and toss with dressing immediately - so good!
Refrigerate any leftovers because it's so perfect the next day!

No comments: