Are you eating like this lately?? Don't do it!!
MAY IS "NATIONAL PHYSICAL FITNESS AND SPORTS MONTH". Did you know that?? Our last month! We end on May 29th... so we have to get thru Memorial Weekend to finalize our goal! YOU CAN DO IT!
Suggested Meal Plans*
*Note: I am not a certified nutritionist - just a fitness enthusiast! =) Please check with your doctor before changing your diet or exercise routine. ~Amanda
Here is Week 10: (days 64-70)
Notes: If May 3rd is your day off, this is for May 4th thru May 9th.
* Breakfast - Veggie Omelet; 4 egg whites -scrambled, 3/4c broccoli/mushroom/or other veg, 1 Tbsp chopped green onion, 1/2 roma tomato chopped & a pinch or so of low-fat cheddar cheese. Saute veggies over med heat. Add eggs and cook, sprinkle w/cheese, fold omelet and cook until eggs set and cheese melts.
* Snack - Strawberry Smoothie - 1 cup fresh strawb, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 cup skim milk or water, blend!
* Lunch - Turkey Sandwich - 3 slices turkey, 3 tomato slices, 1 onion slice, 1 tsp dijon or reg mustard, 2 romaine leaves, 2 slices whole grain bread.
* Snack - 1c cottage cheese w/ 1/2c blueberries or pineapple.
* Dinner - Turkey Goulash - see "Menu Mondays" in February for recipe!
EXERCISE: 30min-1 HR CARDIO, AND 30min WEIGHTS! - Hip Hop Hustle day at the Kerr Y at 10:35am or Sculpt/Cardio at Tone Up at 6pm!
* Breakfast - 1/2c oatmeal (try Quaker oats -instant "weight control"), 3 egg whites & 1 egg scrambled.
* Snack - 1 sm apple & 1 string cheese or protein bar.
* Lunch - Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie - see January "Menu Mondays" for recipe.
* Snack - 1 oz almonds, 1oz dried fruit, 8oz plain yogurt.
* Dinner - Ranch Chicken Salad - see February "Menu Mondays" for recipe.
EXERCISE: 30min CARDIO, 30min WEIGHTS
* Breakfast - 3 Oatmeal Pancakes, 2T low sugar maple syrup, 1c apple sauce. (Oatmeal Pancake recipe from last week's "Menu Mondays".
* Snack - Choc-van Smoothie - 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder, 1/2c cold water or milk and add ice as needed and blend.
* Lunch - Cucumber Salad - see "Menu Mondays" in Feb for recipe, with 1/2 ham or turkey sand.
* Snack - Pina Colada Protein Smoothie - 12oz cold water, 2 scoop protein pwdr, 1/2c unsweet pineapple chunks, 1/4t coconut extract & ice - blend.
* Dinner - Sloppy Joes - Cook 1 lb grnd Turkey, 1/4t pepper, 1/2 chopped red onion med heat til no pink, add 1 8oz can tomato sauce, 1/2c organic ketchup, 1/4c bbq sauce, 1t chili pwdr and simmer 10min on low heat - will thicken. Place on wheat bun top w/romaine lettuce leaf and add some onion or tomato this time!
EXERCISE: 1 HR CARDIO - cycle at the Factory Y with me at 9:30am!
* Breakfast - Denver Omelet - 3 egg whites and 1 egg-beaten, 1/4c lean ham diced, 1/4 green bell pepper, 1/4 red bell pepper, slice of onion, 2Tbl ched cheese, one slice whole wheat toast.
* Snack - Your favorite Protein Shake!
* Lunch - Turkey Burger - 3oz cooked grnd turkey, 2 tomato slices, 1 onion slice, 1 tsp mustard, 1 Tbsp ketchup, 3 romaine leaves, 1c alfalfa sprouts.
* Snack - Bananas Foster - slice 1 banana and cook in skillet med heat (non-stick spray) about 1 min, add 2Tb maple syrup to skillet and stir to coat banana slices - cook 45sec, 1/2c cottage cheese on place - heat 20sec in microw - top with maple-glazed bananas - YUM!
* Dinner - Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs - see week 3's "Menu Mondays" for recipe. So delicious! Try using whole wheat pasta!
EXERCISE: 30-45min CARDIO and 30min WEIGHTS!
* Breakfast - Chocolate Mint Protein Shake: 8oz cold water, 2 scoops chocolate protein pwdr, 1/8t peppermint extract & 5 ice cubes - blend.
* Snack - 1/2c low fat cottage cheese, 1/8t cinnamon and 1 sm apple OR just have a protein bar.
* Lunch - Chicken Salad - see "Menu Mondays" in March for recipe (this is good!
* Snack - Very Cherry Protein Shake - 12oz cold water, 2 scoops protein pwdr, 1/3c frozen cherries, 5-6 ice cubes and blend.
* Dinner - Grilled Salmon - 4oz w/squeeze of lemon and olive oil and grill, baked yam (450degree oven on baking sheet for 45min), saute 1/2 bag baby spinich leaves and 4oz mushrooms (use cooking spray on large skillet and saute mushrooms for 3 min then add spinich and saute 3 more min.)
EXERCISE: 1 HR CARDIO - w/ab work for sure!! Come to SOCIAL CYCLE with me 9:30am at Kerr Y!
* Breakfast - Fortified French Toast - see "Menu Mondays" in March for recipe.
* Snack - 2 whole boiled eggs and 1 small orange or apple.
* Lunch - Out for lunch? Subway 6-inch ham, turkey or veggie delite; 2 Chicken Soft Tacos - taco bell Al Fresca or Moe's tacos; Wendy's - plain baked potato - add broccoli or a Jr. Hamburger and yogurt; Chic-Fil-A - Chargrilled Chicken Salad - 2T dressing.
* Snack - Raspberry Smoothie - 12oz water, 2 scoops protein pwdr, 2 Tbsp frozen OJ concentrate, 6 fresh raspberries, 3 ice cubes - blend.
* Dinner - Fajitas! Chicken, steak or shrimp or veggie! Going out or staying home - these are great! No or very little cheese and same with sour cream. Corn tortillas if you can and use black beans if available, bell peppers, cilantro, salsa and jalapenos! YUM!
EXERCISE: 1 HR SCULPT - 10min RUN/WALK after.
"YOU LIKE TO MOVE IT, MOVE IT..."