Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

ZUCCHINI BREAD!!

I love pumpkin bread, banana bread, zucchini bread... and the list goes on! But my neighbor grew some zucchini's in her garden recently and made this phenomenal bread and shared with me. Oh my ...is it ever heavenly!!The top is just part is SO yummy!

I had to get the recipe! So to those that love baking in the fall, I am sharing too! Even your kids will love this bread!

INGREDIENTS
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon cinnamon (yep!)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional, I didn't have this the first time I made it and it still turned out fine.)
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups unpeeled zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup walnuts, ground (optional)

DIRECTIONS
- Measure and mix all ingredients except flour, zucchini, and walnuts.
- Beat one to two minutes on low speed, and then 1 minute on medium speed.
- Stir in flour gradually, then add zucchini, then walnuts.
- Divide into 2 greased and floured pans.

Bake at 325 degrees for 60-65 minutes. (usually the latter time and possibly over depending on your oven.)

Yield: 2 loaves of yummy goodness!

OPTIONS - I also made this but replaced zucchinis with PUMPKIN! Also made it again and replaced zucchinis with BANANAS! Oh ya, and add some chocolate chips in banana bread OR in pumpkin bread like this photo below...YUM YUM & TRIPLE YUM!


No comments: