Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2009

Menu Mondays - SUMMER ROLLS!

Oh my goodness are these good!

There are all kinds of ways to make these tasty treats, but essentially, you just need some fresh ingredients and you're on your way! My favorite ones are at Cheesecake Factory and CPK (California Pizza Kitchen). But I can't wait to make my own!

SUMMER ROLLS
-Shrimp, lobster or crabmeat
-rice paper rounds

And add any combination of the following:
-clear rice noodles (or like them)
-sprouts (optional)
-shredded carrots
-asparagus
-mushrooms
-green onion
-avocado
-cucumber sliced
-cilantro leaves
-basil leaves
-mint leaves

Method:
Take any combination of ingredients and place on the rice paper and fold over in the middle, at the ends and then again in the middle. Cut across at an angle.

Sauce:
Try adding some dipping sauces like soy sauce, peanut sauce, sweet & sour sauce, teriyaki, etc.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I made them last night for dinner and they are so FRESH!!! You can put anything in these and they are so delicious! I did the teriyaki sauce with mine and oh was it scrumptious! Try it for yourself!